Accessibility across the Sites
- Exhibitions are spread over a large area on ground floor
- No steps but due to the age of the factory, the surfaces of floors can be uneven
- Limited seating in the China Hall for food and drink
- Mobility toilet at the entrance nearest the car park
- More information can be found by calling the Spode Works office at 01782 411421
Some areas of the site are not suitable for those with special mobility needs. If you have mobility needs please call Middleport Pottery in advance so they can tailor their services to you.
There are the following facilities at Middleport Pottery:
- mobility parking in the main car park with two designated spaces
- mobility toilet – 30 yards from the car park
- parking drop-off space, just outside the front entrance on Port Street
- grounds – hard surface paths from car park to visitor reception and shop (some parts are cobbled)
- visitor reception – a level entrance, with a step that can be raised for wheelchair users
- please note, the factory tour includes four sizeable staircases and several smaller steps; there is no seating on the way around
- access to limited areas of the factory tour for those with mobility needs and wheelchair users. Alternative tours can be arranged through advanced booking.
The museum aims to be inclusive and open to all. They have reflection spaces around the museum where visitors can enjoy quiet moments. As well as areas within the galleries, they have a Secret Garden where visitors can sit and enjoy the garden space which includes locally crafted works of art.
There are limited disabled parking spaces that are accessed by entering the library staff car park on Warner Street. Access to the museum is then through the café entrance. Once inside the museum there is lift access to all floors.
The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery are currently installing new disabled bays to serve the Museum and Library. Unfortunately this may cause some disruption to access our old bays. There are alternative bays on Bethesda Street ( use ST1 3BP for sat-nav), and Albion Street (use ST1 1QH for sat-nav).
World of Wedgwood is accessible to wheelchair users. Hearing loops are available at all till points. Assistance dogs are welcome and carers are admitted free of charge. Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available.
Their access statement can be downloaded here.