Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media
This event takes place online via Zoom
What is the Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media about?
Are you an artist struggling to find your voice on social media?
Do you feel overwhelmed by the endless sea of content and competition?
Join our Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media and learn how to find your authentic voice as an artist or creative business on social media. Led by artist Katrina Wilde, we’ll explore the power of visual storytelling and how to make your existing digital tools work harder for you. Katrina will also share her own experiences of using social media as a professional tool and communicating online with meaning and balance. Whether you’re an aspiring creative or a seasoned professional, this workshop is for you.
What will this session cover?
- Understanding what you want to communicate with your work
- Balancing the integrity of your work vs. how you feel about social media
- Being confident and authentic in your content
- Visual storytelling and the importance of good images and video
- Useful free tools to help you become organised and efficient
Who is the session for?
- Early-career creatives who are just beginning starting to share their work, or who haven’t yet taken the jump
- Creatives who are struggling to promote their work and want to overcome that
- Creatives who have been using social media for a while but want to enhance their skills
- Creatives with social media fear
Who is delivering?
Katrina Wilde is an artist working with plants, people and materials. Her practice focuses on local ecologies, material research and community engagement, exploring how these things can be connected through the language of colour and cloth.
Katrina works part-time with both ArtsKeele, Portland Inn Project CIC, and co-directs Ground; hosting seasonal, material-led workshops in Stoke-on-Trent. She graduated from the Royal College of Art with an MA in Textiles in 2021 and her studio is based at ACAVA Spode Works, Stoke-on-Trent.
Where does it take place?
Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media will take place online via Zoom.
How to book?
Click the link on this page to book your free ticket for the Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media. Visit our What’s On page to see what other events are happening.
- In advance of each event, we aim to share an overview of the event. This may include preparation tasks for the participant.
- We will enable captions for anyone to access during the event and download them after
- We will record each online event so you can re-watch it
- We will share a resource pack after the event. This will include summary notes, relevant links shared during the event, the event transcript and the event recording
If there is anything we can do to support your participation in the event, please email email@example.com to discuss what we can put in place for you.
What is Factory?
This workshop is proudly run as part of the creative business support Factory, which is a partnership between Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, Staffordshire University, British Ceramics Biennial and ACAVA. The programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Visit our main Factory page for more information about other opportunities and workshops run through Factory.
Decoding Ceramics Symposium
Decoding Ceramics is the culmination and output of CRAFT, a 3 year project funded by the European Union bringing together 5 institutions; UAL London,…
Celebrating Clay, Canals & Curiosity
Join the BCB Foundations project for a celebration of clay, canals and curiosity Join the BCB Foundations project at Middleport Pottery as we celebrate…
Recast – Find Out More
What is Recast – Find Out More about? Come along to see the Recast exhibition and meet some of the project participants. Get to…
Factory Lunch Hour – Crafting Your Next Job Application
What is Factory Lunch Hour – Crafting Your Next Job Application about? Competition in the job market is higher than ever, which makes it…
In-person Factory Seminar – Knowing When to Change Direction
What is Factory Seminar – Knowing When to Change Direction about? If you want to talk about changing direction in your artistic practice then…
April Artist Development Surgeries
What are the April Artist Development Surgeries about? The April Artist Development Surgeries are an opportunity to talk about a project or idea that…