We have set up a new partnership with WEA for delivering both hands on and conversation courses about clay and ceramics.
What are the courses?
Connect with Clay is about learning to work with clay and finding your own connections with where you are, your creativity and with others. It will help you to express yourself using clay in a relaxed and fun group setting, working on a specific project which develops specific handbuilding skills.
Do you enjoy making with clay? Would you like to learn more about the many different ways artists use this exciting material? Ceramics in Conversation is a sociable course aimed at building confidence in speaking about present-day ceramics. Looking at images and films of ceramic art, get inspired by how artists communicate ideas through clay and ceramic processes!
Where do they take place?
These courses currently take place online.
When do they take place?
Please check our What’s On calendar to see upcoming courses or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need any particular skills or experience?
- You will need your own personal email address so that you’re able to login to the WEA’s digital learning platform: WEA Canvas. You will need to be able to understand how to follow URL links to pages on the internet. If you want to understand more about Canvas please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline
- You will need to be able to follow links to join our WEA live video learning platform: WEA Zoom. If you’d like to understand more about our video learning platform, Zoom please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline and http://bit.ly/ZoomSpec
- No skills or experience needed
- The courses are suitable for beginners and improvers
How will I be taught?
- The WEA’s digital learning platform, Canvas will be used to provide resources or to support lessons, enable assessment, provide learner feedback and for other activities for individuals away from the course. If you want to understand more about our digital learning platform please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline
- The WEA tutor will use a range of different teaching and learning methods and encourage you and the group to be actively involved in your learning
- You may be asked to undertake additional work in your own time to support your learning
What else do I need to know?
- What you need: You will need an internet connection, speakers, a microphone and a webcam so that you can use our video learning platform, Zoom. If you’d like to understand more Zoom please visit: http://bit.ly/ZoomSpec
- You will need a personal email address to join the WEA’s digital learning platform, Canvas so that you can receive resources, record your progress and achievement and to work with others and share ideas. If you want to understand more about our digital learning platform please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline
For more information email email@example.com or ring 07395128886
These courses are delivered in partnership with Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), a charity dedicated to bringing high-quality, professional education into the heart of communities.