Factory Lunch Hour – Pricing Your Work and Time
Factory Lunch Hour – Knowing your worth: Pricing your work and time.
What is the session about?
This Factory Lunch Hour is a guide to pricing your work for creative businesses, led by businesswoman, designer and educator Fiona Wilson. Through years of experience running a creative business, Fiona has honed the essential skills required to price her work and time. Join us for this Factory Lunch Hour to learn from Fiona’s simple pricing methods and her experience running a creative business. Bring your questions along so you can improve how you set your prices in future.
What will this session will cover?
- How Fiona prices her work
- What she takes into consideration when pricing work
- When and how she might negotiate on her prices
Who is the session for?
- People who feel unsure about how to price their work
- People who have priced work but need to reassess and need some perspective
- People who find pricing and sticking to pricing difficult
- Students or people who are early in their career and want to start building a tool kit to help manage a sustainable career.
Who is delivering?
Fiona has held academic posts teaching textiles and surface pattern design at Leeds University, Leeds College of Art and Huddersfield University. Alongside teaching Fiona has her own studio-based practice creating printed designs (Fiona Wilson Prints) that are sold in galleries and shops. Prior to retraining in textiles and completing a second degree, Fiona worked in Sales and Marketing for ten years after gaining her degree in Business Studies at Oxford Brookes University.
How to book?
All Factory events are free and tickets are booked through the event pages on the BCB website.
What is Factory?
This workshop is proudly run as part of the creative business support programme Factory. Factory is a partnership between Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, Staffordshire University, British Ceramics Biennial and ACAVA. The programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Visit our main Factory page for more information about other opportunities and workshops run through Factory.
- In advance of each event, we aim to share an overview of the event including tasks that may be given to participants so you can prepare
- We will enable captions for anyone to access during the event and download after
- We will record each online event so you can re-watch it
- We will share a resource pack after the event including summary notes, relevant links shared during the event, the event transcript and the event recording
If there is anything we can do to support your participation in the event, please email email@example.com to discuss what we can put in place for you.
Decoding Ceramics Symposium
Decoding Ceramics is the culmination and output of CRAFT, a 3 year project funded by the European Union bringing together 5 institutions; UAL London,…
Celebrating Clay, Canals & Curiosity
Join the BCB Foundations project for a celebration of clay, canals and curiosity Join the BCB Foundations project at Middleport Pottery as we celebrate…
Recast – Find Out More
What is Recast – Find Out More about? Come along to see the Recast exhibition and meet some of the project participants. Get to…
Factory Lunch Hour – Crafting Your Next Job Application
What is Factory Lunch Hour – Crafting Your Next Job Application about? Competition in the job market is higher than ever, which makes it…
In-person Factory Seminar – Knowing When to Change Direction
What is Factory Seminar – Knowing When to Change Direction about? If you want to talk about changing direction in your artistic practice then…
April Artist Development Surgeries
What are the April Artist Development Surgeries about? The April Artist Development Surgeries are an opportunity to talk about a project or idea that…