What is Factory, and who is it for?
Factory is a free programme for creatives in Staffordshire. It supports artists, designers, makers and other creatives to develop their practice and business.
What does it cover?
Every month, experienced creatives deliver practical and interactive workshops online. There are breakout sessions after each session. So, it’s also a chance to connect and support other people during these difficult times.
During 2020, there have been sessions on:
- From Physical to Digital During COVID-19
- Funding and Finance
- Photography for Locked Down Artists
- How to Win at Social Media
- Socially engaged art – extending your practice to work with the public
Click here for a full list of resources. If you have suggestions for new workshops, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I get involved?
There is no big commitment – you can dip in and out of sessions. You can even ask for one-to-one mentoring with your creative business.
- Head to our What’s On page to book on the next free session
- To find out more about the wider Factory programme, contact email@example.com or call 01782 213929
- Once you’ve taken part, complete our evaluation survey to give us feedback on your experience and make suggestions for future sessions
Who manages the programme?
Factory is a partnership between Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, Staffordshire University, British Ceramics Biennial and ACAVA. The programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund ERDF.
Sessions are delivered by practicing artists, photographers and makers, as well as experts in funding, marketing and business planning.