What is Factory, and who is it for?
Factory is a free programme for creatives in Staffordshire. It supports artists, designers, makers and other creatives to develop their practice and business.
What does it cover?
Every month, experienced creatives deliver practical and interactive workshops both online and in-person. There are breakout sessions after each session. So, it’s also a chance to connect and support other creative professionals in Stoke-on-Trent and beyond.
Since the programme began in 2020, there have been sessions on:
- From Physical to Digital During COVID-19
- Funding and Finance
- Photography for Locked Down Artists
- How to Win at Social Media
- Socially engaged art – extending your practice to work with the public
BCB Artist Development Surgeries
You don’t need to prepare anything specifically, we’re happy to talk your project through with you if you’d like.
We have a focus on contemporary ceramic practice, however, if you work in another medium/material and you feel our perspective would be helpful to you feel free to sign up.
How can I get involved?
There is no big commitment – you can dip in and out of sessions. You can even ask for one-to-one mentoring with your creative business.
- Head to our What’s On page to book on the next free session
- To find out more about the wider Factory programme, contact email@example.com or call 01782 213929
- Once you’ve taken part, complete our evaluation survey to give us feedback on your experience and make suggestions for future sessions
Who manages the programme?
Factory is a partnership between Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, Staffordshire University, British Ceramics Biennial and ACAVA. The programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Sessions are delivered by practicing artists, photographers and makers, as well as experts in funding, marketing and business planning.